Evan L. Hirsh
Objective: To gain a cooperative position within a company where I will be able to
utilize and develop my programming expertise. Available June - December 2017.
Education: Rochester Institute of Technology Rochester, NY
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Expected Dec. 2019
GPA: 3.0 (Current Overall)
Courses: Computer Science ½, Discrete Math, Mechanics of Programming
- Programming Languages: Java, C, C#, Python
- Operating Systems: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, GNU/Linux
- Development Tools: Visual Studio, IntelliJ, PyCharm, Eclipse, BlueJ, Vim, GCC, GDB
- Version Control: Git
- Other: As a hobby, I remotely manage headless Linux servers to host personal projects. I am a team player, who enjoys working on collaborative projects.
- Built a fully functional command line LERP interpreter in Java.
- Lead a personal project to build a video game statistics tracking chatbot for the Discord API (github.com/evanextreme/ritchie).
- Lead a team effort to build a grid based laser puzzle utilizing a JavaFX based UI.
Experience: PC Med Center Monroe, NY
Technician June-August 2011/2012/2013
Operated on and repaired various computer systems from issues in both hardware and software. Interacted with customers and went on calls to troubleshoot in corporate office hardware issues.
- Secretary of RIT Debate Society (2016-Present)
- Co-Founder of RIT eSports (2016-Present)
- Heroes of the Dorm 2016 Team Captain (RIT Tigers)
- Varsity Crew Coxswain (The Gunnery, 2010-2013)
References furnished upon request.